Google

Monday 20 February 2012

Romford - Where Life Isn't a Lottery!

So National Lottery research has revealed that Romford, north-east London, is officially the luckiest town in Britain. In the last 17 years, more than 300 people there have won 50,000 big ones or more on the National Lottery. 

Makes me wonder if electronic music duo Underworld predicted this back in the 90s with their song Born Slippy: Mega mega mega going back to Romford! Perhaps they were blowing pound after pound on National Lottery tickets, only to keep coming up with two or three numbers!

Now, we can't all win the National Lottery, nor can we all live in Romford. So today I'm asking if there's a particular place that feels lucky to you, and why. Maybe you got your first job there, met your partner there or just have had good times - and still do - there?

Maybe you have some crazy or funny stories about luck? For instance, do you know of someone who moved to Romford just so they had more chance of winning the National Lottery? Perhaps you know of someone who has insanely good luck?

I think Edinburgh is my lucky place. I've graduated here and now I work here. I met some of my best friends here 10 years ago; and 10 years later I've been reunited with them. 

And best of all, I didn't even have to buy a National Lottery ticket for that. Nevermind Romford - Edinburgh is where it's at for me. 

Won't hurt to buy a National Lottery ticket though.

No comments:

Post a Comment