Google

Thursday 18 August 2011

Three's Company, Two's a Crowd

Ever heard of the 'third place' concept? 

Apparently, home is our first place and the workplace is our second one. But more and more people these days are looking for a third place. This third place is public, encourages interaction and is our haven or sanctuary from home and working life. It can be a pub, coffee bar, park or anywhere else that feels like a mini escape. 

The other day I discovered I was one of those third-place seekers! Costa Cafe is fast becoming my own third place. For the past two weekends I've purposely headed to Costa from my flat (with my trusty backpack), and then eased myself into the couch with a coffee, a good book and not a care in the world. 

It's my third place in my first-class good times oh yeah!

Oh and not that I'm really looking, but this hopeless romantic has a sneaky feeling I'll meet a new flame in this third place of mine. Only time (and this blog!) will tell.

But that's enough about me! Do you have a third place, and if so, where? Hey, if it's nice enough I might even move in with you haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment