Google

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Betty

Today I'd like to pay tribute to my late grandmother, Elisabeth Mary 'Betty' Jones, who passed away at 10:00 pm on 7 March 2011. 

They say it's always the little things, and in my grandmother's case it really is true. Kindness came naturally to her. She was unselfish to the end and nothing was ever too much trouble.

Her constant acts of kindness in everyday life towards her family and friends made this adorable and loving woman a truly great person.

So if you're here with me now, Nana, watching over me as I type, let me say a few things:

Thank you for getting up just to see me, for the tea and coffee you made, despite the pain you were in.

Thank you for all the cakes and biscuits you let me sample on Saturdays, even though you'd them made for Sundays and I was jumping the queue!

Thank you for the jumpers you knitted me. I wore the Mr-T one on a school trip away once!

Thank you for your generosity when times were tough.

And thank you for always being there till the very end.

I took your copy of A Town Like Alice. I know how much you loved it, so I've decided to keep it for you.

Maybe one day we'll be able to discuss it.

But may you rest in peace now, dear grandmother. Free of pain. Free in spirit. 

And know that you are loved and missed every single moment of every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment