Google

Saturday 5 March 2011

Bad Hair Life?


Last night I had the weirdest dream/ nightmare.

In it, I went to a barber's and the guy cutting my hair disappeared in the middle of the job. Rather than the smooth and sophisticated short and spiky look I wanted, he gave me the flattest, most God-awful comb-over you can imagine.

I had a side parting that started half way down the left hand side of my head. To make matters worse, he'd also dyed my hair without my permission. It was a kind of Zack Morris from Saved By The Bell colour. Yuk!

But help was at hand - or so I thought. The girl who I asked to sort it out merely trimmed the edges. In the end, I kicked up a stink John McEnroe would have been proud of and had it all shaved off.

But what did it all mean?

For a bit of fun, I looked for interpretations on the internet. One plausible interpretation was that having your hair cut badly in a dream suggests feelings of a decreased sense of power. You may have been criticised unfairly and feel off-balance, off-centre or even worthless.

I may have come in for a bit of stick in the past year or so, but Deputy Dawg, where did the rest of it come from!

A funnier interpretation I found - this time of the 'so bad it's good' variety! - was on a forum. According to one internet surfer, if you dream this and are planning to get your hair cut, you should 'just' wait until the correct lunar phase to do it.

Apparently, the full moon phase is the time to look at your achievements so far and keep things on track, to make adjustments and to clear the deadwood (and why not the Jedward with it!) out of your life. If you want your hair to grow back thicker, this is the phase to take the scissors to it in!

Our astronomer friend goes on to say that the full moon to third quarter phase is the time to take stock of your life, study and make plans. Healthwise, it's a good time for depilatory treatment, dying your hair or begining a health and fitness programme. Wanting your hair to grow back quicker? Quit fooling around and get to your hairdresser! 

Conclusion

Study lunar cycles, ladies and gents. Then , as you do, find a gym, hairdresser or beauty parlour open between midnight and 6:00 am, the third quarter hours! I'm sure they'd be overjoyed to go without sleep just so they can wax your hairy back at 3:00 am!

Okay, so I'm just having a bit of fun. But going back to my own dream now - what do you think it meant? I'd love to hear your interpretation. Mentally, I feel pretty tough these days. So reduced power isn't the culprit for my sub-conscious comb-over!

Maybe you'd like to tell me what you dream about? Who knows? We may even share the same ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment